WOODRIDGE, MAY 25th 2016 – The big event in our industry is near to start, the DRUPA expo in Germany. Since many years there has been a cooperation around the exhibitions between Tensor, DCOS and Tolerans and this year is no, different. We have partnered up again, in Hall 15, Booth C50-2.
TENSOR is presenting a couple of new major product improvements this Drupa;
- Tensor now offers automatic-plate lock- up on all series of printing units. This is a robust and yet simplistic solution to save a lot of setup time. On a well automated press, the plate up procedure is by far the most labor-intensive task that often dictates the number of press operators needed. This new feature makes it possible to operate a press efficiently with fewer people. It takes one operator less than two minutes to re-plate a 4-high tower.
- Tensors H50HD jaw folder with up to 14 webs capacity is a well- known product that has gone through a major redesign/upgrades;
- It is now fully shaftless with independent Nip, RTF, Quarter folder and tape drives
- The nipping section has been completely redesigned with pneumatic nip setting compared to the traditional ways of setting a fixed distance between nips and adjusting with any change in pagination
- The folder is fitted with a touchscreen for settings, information, and adjustments
- Nips, trolleys, and slitters are remotely controlled from the control desk or from the touchscreen
DCOS can offer drive and control system RETROFITS on most presses on the market. Our strength is finding the right customized solution for each customer and implementing on a running press. DCOS uses only standard industrial components which contributes to cost-effective and future-proof solutions
DCOS introduced the multi-function CRC4 closed-loop color scanner on DRUPA 2012. Four years later it ́s fair to say that it was introduced at the right time and it was the right technology; it is a very successful product. Today the functionality has been further extended which we will be presenting at DRUPA. Based on data from all installations we have created a tool for ROI calculations that is providing us and our customers with an accurate basis for an investment.
A “one source” supplier Many printers who are looking at extending the service life of their presses by a RETROFIT also decide to increase the automation level by adding CLOSED-LOOP system to stay competitive. DCOS is unique in our industry in offering both products within one company. DCOS has one R&D department, one software platform, one hardware platform, one project manager team and one team of a technician. This makes DCOS cost-effective, efficient and well-coordinated